Translate

Saturday, January 4, 2020

The Osprey

You know it has crossed your mind before.  Such a shrill, whining call seems inappropriate for someone such as myself: my majestic wingspan, piercing eyes, gnarled talons embedded inextricably in the flesh of my prey.  My name is synonymous with strength, agility, and tenacity and you use my monikers for all kinds of your human things from medical equipment to planned communities.  Speaking of medical equipment, you didn't like it when I made a nest atop the flat surface of this tank outside the hospital.  You wanted to keep me out, so you placed this triangular grate at the summit.  Little did you know, as you placed it there with your fleshy, fragile human fingers, that you were merely building me a pedestal.  


No comments:

Post a Comment