Translate

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Click Here to Turn Off Commentary

     Unfortunately (according to some), we live in the world of conceptualization and reference.  Wired in a particular fashion, we go about business as usual without so much as a passing thought as to the nature of reality (or our experience of the so-called 'reality').  There are many distractions.  Perhaps these distractions have euphemistic names and do not even appear as distractions.  Life itself is distilled into a chronology of distractions.  This is the problem with history: Charlemagne, the War of 1812, the debut of mustard gas.  Moments are replaced with the dates of battles.  The dates of what we think of as pivotal moments.  We all have these.  But I can't help but wonder if I was absent from some, maybe most, of my own.  I'd have done better to turn off director commentary in the film of my life which should not and may not even exist in the first place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment